How To Use the Index
Follow the instructions below to narrow your search using index terms in LexisNexis Academic
- Click the Advanced Options Section
- Click on the Look Up Index Terms link. A new window will pop up
- Type a word that relates to your search. In the image above, the word "Baseball" is used. Click the red Find button
- In this example, "Baseball" refers to a subject, so scroll to the bottom of the list for subject results. Click the appropriate box for "Baseball"
- Click the red OK-Add to Search button to include this index term
- Click Apply
- Click Search
After you complete the rest of your search, you will find that the index term "Baseball" should appear at the bottom of documents on your hit list with a high relevancy score.
Watch this Tutorial on YouTube