News Search: Find A Critical Review
Power Search Form
After clicking on the PowerSearch form:
- Click on the "Add keywords (Index Terms) to your search..." link. A new window will pop up that allows you to search the index.
- Type the word "Review" to search for all index terms associated with critical reviews.
- Scroll to the bottom of the list for subject results. Click the appropriate box the type of review you'd like to select.
- Click the red OK-Continue button to return to the Power Search form with your terms selected.
At the Power Search form, you can continue to add information about the type of review you'd like by using Academic Document Sections.
News Search Form
The News Search Form allows you to search one aggregated source with all types of critical reviews
- Click "Show" (in the same spot as "Hide" on the above picture) to display the Add Index Terms boxes.
- In the "Select Sources" drop-down box, select the source "Book, Movie, Music, Play, and Video Reviews.
- Many news sources will populate in the box below. Choose any or all. The example above shows "USA Today" has been selected.
- Type in the subject of the review.
- Select "At Least 3 Occurrences" or "At Least 5 Occurrences" from the drop-down box. This will ensure that the review is actually about your topic, instead of a review that just mentions your topic.
- Press the red search button to see your results list.
LexisNexis Academic also provides aggregated sources of all critical reviews. Click on the sources tab and type any kind of review (Book Review, Music Review, etc) into the search box. You will see the aggregated source with that name.