LexisNexis Academic has now been enhanced to provide permanent document-level links. With this functionality, you can easily return to a document via a stable URL.
Ways to Use Permanent Links
Common ways to use Permanent Links:
- Bookmark a document in your web browser for later use and easy access
- Add document-level permanent links to user guides or course syllabi
- Share links with your friends on Social Media
- E-mail yourself links instead of full documents
The first rule of Permalinking is: do not copy and paste the URL that appears in your browser window. Most of the time, the URL that appears in the browser window is dynamic and not stable for later use. To access permanent URLs, follow these simple directions:
- Run a search, using any search form in LexisNexis Academic.
- Click on a document in the results list.
- You will see the Icon Bar (as shown on the right) appear in the top right corner of your document.
- Click the Permalink icon (as indicated by the arrow in the image to the right.)