Power Search: Use the Index
Follow the instructions below to narrow your search using index terms in LexisNexis Academic
- Click on the Advanced Search Form
- Click on the Subject Index link. If you are researching an Industry or need to use another section of the index, click the appropriate button. A new window will pop up.
- Click on "Find" to search the index. You may also keep the default and browse the hierarchy.
- Type a word that relates to your search. In the image above, the word "Baseball" is used. Click the red Find button.
- In this example, "Baseball" refers to a subject, so scroll to the bottom of the list for subject results. Click the appropriate box for "Baseball."
- Click the red OK-Add to Search button to include this index term.
After you complete the rest of your search, you will find that the index term "Baseball" should appear at the bottom of documents on your hit list with a high relevancy score.